Give2Pepp Ambassador Toolkit
Comprehensive Communication Guide
Thank you for signing up to serve as an Ambassador for Pepperdine’s second-annual giving day on March 7, 2018. This day would not be possible without you!
Simple Steps for Success:
- Engage and share with your network! Make it personal or re-post content from Pepperdine’s social accounts throughout the day. This is a day of celebration!
- Be sure to Give2Pepp! Your support will inspire your network to give back. Best thing is, you can designate your gift to your passion or to the University at large.
- Once you Give2Pepp, be sure to tell your friends why you give! Your story of why you give back as a member of the Pepperdine family will help encourage others to follow your lead.
- On March 7, follow pepperdine.edu/give2pepp to see live updates throughout the day
- Whatever you decide to post, don’t forget to include #Give2Pepp!
- Tag any of Pepperdine’s social media accounts!
- On Facebook, type @Pepperdine and you should be able to tag us just like you would your friends
- On Twitter you can find us by typing @Pepperdine
- On Instagram you can either tag us in your caption by using @Pepperdine or #Pepperdine and you can even tag the photo with @Pepperdine
- Don’t forget to use #Give2Pepp
- Follow Pepperdine sponsored pages to share those “official” posts directly
- Social media accounts
- Add some Pepp spirit to your profile picture with a custom Facebook frame that will go live on the day of #Give2Pepp
- Change your Facebook cover photos to rep Give2Pepp!
- Share the “Library Promo” Video
- Sample Posts
- Save the date:
- Are you participating in @pepperdine’s #Give2Pepp effort? I just did! http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2
- I’m making a difference in the lives of current and future Waves. Join me today! #Give2Pepp http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2
- #Give2Pepp is here! Make your gift at http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2 — I just did!
- I’m in! Are you? #Give2Pepp http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2
- Let’s help raise Pepperdine’s ranking, #Give2Pepp today! http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2
- Every gift counts! Make a difference in the lives of future Waves & #Give2Pepp http://bit.ly/2EUQtI2
- Customizable Example: “I wouldn’t have been able to come to Pepperdine without the scholarships I received, that’s why I’m giving back to scholarships today! #Give2Pepp”
- Prompt: Did you receive a university scholarship while attending Pepperdine? Tell the brief story of how that scholarship made it possible for you to attend Pepperdine.
- Customizable Example: “I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since we were abroad in Heidelberg! That year changed my life–that’s why I’m giving back to Pepperdine today. #Give2pepp” (with attached throwback picture)
- Prompt: Share your favorite photos from your time at Pepperdine and explain that people can give back to specific programs and passions of their choice with Give2Pepp.
- Instagram Ideas:
- Post a photo or video of you participating in #Give2Pepp.
- Example, a photo of the confirmation page after you’ve submitted your gift
- Example, a quick video of you (less than 60 seconds) explaining why you decided to Give2Pepp
- After March 7:
- Thank and celebrate everyone in your Pepperdine network for participating!!!!
- Link to thank-you video: (in process!)
- Challenges and matches will make the day fun!! Here are the details:
- Thanks to the generosity of a select group of donors, your gift will multiply in impact on March 7.
- Challenges and matches will go “live” on pepperdine.edu/give2pepp March 1.
- Throughout the day, you can share information on the various challenges and matches happening in your particular school or area, in addition to these two University-wide challenges:
|Regent Alumni Competition
Pepperdine’s five schools will compete to generate the highest participation of alumni donors based on each school’s alumni population size since the 1997 founding of our newest school, the School of Public Policy. The top three schools will be awarded bonuses to their student scholarships, thanks to a $25,000 gift from Pepperdine Regent Jim Porter:
1st place: $15,000
2nd place: $7,000
3rd place: $3,000
|Deans’ Student Challenge
Pepperdine’s five schools will compete to generate the highest participation of student donors based on each school’s current enrollment. The deans of the four other schools will then each contribute to the winning school’s Dean’s Excellence Fund, and the winning dean will receive bragging rights and a trophy to proudly display until next year.